Friday, May 7, 2010

Good Day Sunshine


Today was a gorgeous day, Skye and I decided to go hiking with our dog on the trails right next to our house.  I was a little worried about mud with the recent rains, but the trails were perfect.  She was a little trooper, we walked for an hour.  Along the whole way she kept tickling flowers, and telling them we would come back to pick them another day.  We stopped and listened to the waterfall, laughed and talked about the trees and birds.  When we came back we made some chocolate chip cookies.  It was a wonderful day off, and can't wait for more sunny days ahead. 

Yesterday was our third Wannabe Wednesday at Simply Scrapbooks.  The turn out was great.  Valerie made us some delicious brownies, and we had fun chatting while we made these super cute ATC cards.  Originally we were going to make 6 ATC cards, 3 from Val, 3 from me, but at the last minute my boss decided to change it to just 3 cards.  Which worked out well, honestly I think had we made 6 cards noone would have gotten them all done.  So here are a few pics of what we made lastnight, the cards were all designed by Valerie.  Thanks to all who came out and attended, it was a blast!


I have been working hard on a wedding layout for a friend.  Yesterday I only had a few hours before work, so instead of working on the layout I made a few cards with my stash of October Afternoon papers.  These were created using a mix of Thrift Shop, and Fly A Kite.  They turned out super cute, and I just love them!


I just love how they use cute images of children in this line.  I couldn't resist using them for my cards.  They are so retro and fun. 


When I saw this little girl I said to myself, what can I make her look like she is doing with her hands?  That's when I remembered the awesome dress form stamp I owned by Crafty Secrets.  I stamped the image once and cut it out.  Then stamped the image again on patterned paper, cutting only the bodice out.  I then pop dotted them together, gathering crepe paper and adhering it between the layers for the skirt.  I added a Tim Holtz flower for a corsage, alcohol inked with a soft pink.  I just love love love this card!
Originally I wanted this card to say have a picture perfect day.  Which would have been perfect, but I wouldn't have had much room to do it unless I stamped it.  So I decided to go another route and use their happy memories sticker in combination with the camera.  The combination of red, blue and black is just so retro.  I cut the red doily out of their patterned paper, making the perfect background for the camera.  October Afternoon papers are just way too fun to play with.  There will be more to come, hoping to make this a full set of six, including a card from one of my previous posts...

That's it for today, need to get some rest, will be working till midnight tomorrow. 
Till next time, Enjoy those sunny skys!
Nicki Chicky

No comments: