Thursday, April 7, 2011

Business as Usual

Life has been pretty busy lately.  After the excitement of making the Graphic 45 Design Team, I had to get back to business as usual.  Still trying to finish up an order of over 1000 paper flowers.  Still 400 to go...I have till the end of this month to get them all done.  Flowers are still flying out the door at Sobo Style and they are preparing for their big 10 year Anniversary May 7th and have placed another large order!!  Looking forward to hopefully delivering them personally myself and attending the event too!

On April 2nd I set up shop at Bloody Prom!  
I know this sounds weird, but really it  was a lot of fun.  Can't go wrong when you get to mix fancy clothes with a  little blood and gore!!  It was an event held to raise money for an Indy Film being produced here in the Dayton Area called Kiss Me Dark. Set up in an old stone church basement.  There were Dj's in the ballroom, and about 10 vendors selling.  Of course I had to get all bloodied up, and I had a truly amazing time.  Here is a glimpse of me at my booth!
Thanks to everyone who came out to show their support! Always great meeting new and exciting people as well as fellow talented artists!!!  

Onto the second order of business.  I just found out that one of my flowers were published in Somerset  Life 2011 Spring Magazine!  My mom called me the other day b/c she saw the picture and wondered if it was really mine.  Not knowing anything about it,. I wanted to see the picture to make sure.   Instantly I set out to find the blog of my customer.  Surely if she is getting published in Somerset she had a blog?  Luckily it didn't take too long to find since her blog was named after her etsy name.  And sure enough, there was my flower reflecting on the back.  So neat to see something you have created, inspiring others to make amazing things!
    And then getting them published too! 
Stop by and check out more of Stephanie's wonderful designs here.

That's it for today!  Off to knock some of the paper flowers off my list before this INCREDIBLE box of Graphic 45 supplies comes.  Can't wait to get started playing!
Make sure to stop by Graphic 45 over the next few weeks see the introductions of all the New Design Team Members for 2011 and all their amazing designs submitted to Oregon during try outs. 
My day in the spotlight is next Wednesday April 13th and I am super excited to share my designs with the world! 
Stop back by here Wednesday for more details on my 3 designs, and  leave a comment letting me know what you think!  Always looking forward to hearing what you all have to say! 
Tomorrow is Friday, Woohooo!
Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend filled with sunshine!
Thanks for stopping by!
Nicki Chicky

No comments: